Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Fast food in India

McDonald's, KFC, and Subway.
Of all the fast food chains in the world, these are most likely the ones you are going to find in Asia. In Canada I barley touch them - maybe a hang over breaky at MickkyDees or a quick sub before work - but most of the time I find fast food revolting.
Saying that, since I was a child I have been brain-washed by McDonald's advertising so much that when I see those golden arches I actually get a warm feeling in my heart. They knew what they were doing when they directly targeted children with good ole Ronald and the Happy Meal toy. Not only that but sometime I crave a little Westerness in my Indian world, so once in a while I indulge.
I will say this, India knows its fast food! I have visited them all and every experience was great!
McDonald's
Service with a smile is a slogan well known to the McDonald's staff, and soggy french fries is a complain they're quite used to too.
Not in Varanasi, India. Fresh, crisp, golden french fries, fried to perfection. And with an all Chicken or Veg menu you'll find a lot of healthily AND delicious choices.
KFC
I have never been more moved in KFC before. Not only was the chicken 'finger licking good' but the KFC in Kolkata was doing something special. All of the workers were mute. The used sign language to communicate with each other and you could see in their eyes the happiness.
Subway
No stinginess at the Subway in Madras. They loaded the vegetables on my 1.25USD sub of the day. And how could one not be happy with Bob Marley tunes while eating a sub.

I can't say that everyones experience will be as great as mine but if you're ever in India and crave a dose of home with a smile, hit up one of these chains.

No comments: