Thursday, September 25, 2008

A whole new world, don't you dare close your eyes!

I picked up Echo at the airport in Urumqi, the capital of Xinjiang, and headed to a city that is well known all over Central Asia.
I’ve heard a lot of different reports about the city.
“The pollution is bloody terrible!” Spat a spirtual Spanish woman.
“The traffic is insane man!” Stated a stoned Canadian.
“There are Prozies everywhere!" Said a Slovenian sex tourist.

To sum things up, this could be any city in China. I had found an awesome hostel called Maitown right in the center of town. Bringing the girlfriend met I had to bring things up a little bit. Although I found my 30 RMB dorm cosy and comfortable I decided to move us to a 170RMB single to add a little romance.

Urumqi is a city with a lot of flavor. The markets are intense and there is no shortage of goats, silk worms, or fish (Ironic since there is no city further away from the ocean.).
Besides eating, buying knock off North Face clothese (which is a total waste of time because its 10 times cheaper in Lhasa) and maybe climbing Red Mountain there isn’t much else to do.
So we left.

1 comment:

echo 枫 said...

i'm waiting for the next,babe