Tuesday, September 2, 2008

4 Colors of Xi'an's Wall




My journey Westward starts in a city conveniently called Xi'an. Which translates to Peaceful West, (that's my own translation). Although it is still a huge city by Western standards, compared to Shanghai it felt like someone pushed the slow motion button. The city itself reminds me of what I imagined every Chinese city would look like; shopping malls with arched temple roofs, small streets with bearded men selling weird delicacies, and a city wall that surrounds the city. I came here a couple years ago to find a nuclear winter, smoggy city. But as it is today, its one of my favorite Chinese cities.
More pics

With so much time to burn I took my time strolling around the city. It is surrounded by a huge grey city wall. On the other side of the wall you find a moat with green grass and tall trees, apparently at one time there were alligators in the muddy waters. As I climbed to the top, the sun was setting, and this is what I came up with.



Pics
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=49503&l=6b0ce&id=506336427

No comments: