Sunday, November 2, 2008

Oh no India or Ahhh India?

Ah people, You know, I heard so many stories and read so many articles about India that I anticipated hell when I crossed the boarder.

As usual, and I really should have learned by now, one mans experience will never be like another's.

I have been in India for 4 days and let me say, India is AMAZING! I love it.

Too many people told me terror stories, and maybe there is terror to come. I heard about so many people being robbed, and maybe there is robbery to come. I read extensively about how dirty and loud and strange India is, and.....well that is definitely true.

To me, India has been no worse than any other massively populated yet pitifully poor country. And when you think about it, when you hear about all those people who complain about being cheated by Indians, who's really in the wrong? The guy trying to make a living in a poor country, or the backpacker who comes looking for adventure and takes the first offer for something special from someone with a friendly smile?

So when people tell you about the terrible things that happen in India, take it from me, the guy whos been in India for 4 days, dont listen!
Indias great!

No comments: