Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Falling in Love with Taj Mahal

I'm not one to jump the gun, but I have self-diagnosed myself with the mental illness called objectphila. Me, and apparently a women from Scotland who is married to the Berlin Wall, have suffered the same fate. We have fell in love with an object.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Object_sexuality
When I first saw her my jaw dropped. I felt like a man must feel when he first sets his eyes on his bride.
She stood at the end of the lane, dressed in pearl white. Her soft curves and gentle corners stood out boldly against the bright azure sky. The closer I went the more hypnotized I became. The smooth marble exterior was freckled with the most beautiful and intricate designs. Jade green, ruby red, sapphire blue, and tantalizing mixtures of other precious elements infused to make splendid, eye-teasing patterns. Never before had I seen the sun reflect so softly off of a solid surface. I circled the geometrical symmetric building in awe. It seemed to draw life out of everything around it. As the sun began to set shimmers of golden rays reflected of the building. She looked like an angel descending from heaven. As time slowly clicked away she said her goodbyes and blushed a pleasant red. Finally she was drowned in a soft blue light.
It was hard for me to pull away. I must have turned back 5 times.
The Taj Mahal is no doubt the most beautiful building I have every seen in my whole life.

No comments: