Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Back to India

I said another sad goodbye and thought the same thoughts and I thought the last time I left. Now I kind of realise though that Shanghai, or China in the least, will always be a part of me.

I arrived in India at 3:00 AM

As soon as I stepped off the bus I was scammed.

As soon as I bought a new sleeping bag it broke.

As soon as I digested a curry I got dia..cough, couch...rreha

It was great to be back!

I'm serious.

This Indian guy once described the same thing to me. About even though India stinks and is dirty and loud and polluted and..so on; there's still something very special about it.

The heavy food, cool clothes, and somewhat destructive lifestyle of Shanghai didn't do for me anymore.

It took me about a week to get used to the constant callings of touts or taxis, the never ending noise of the nasty nutters, and the dirtiness of about almost everything, but after that everything was back to normal.

No comments: